About Katy Allen
- Training for school staff on Second Step (Committee for Children), The Peaceful School Bus (James Dillon), and The Parent Project (James Vopat)
- Author of People-Safety Skills, a middle school abduction prevention and personal safety curriculum
- Author of The Rosemary Project, a resource guide on school, family and community partnerships
- Adjunct instructor, University of Rochester, Warner Graduate School: Theories of Human Development (May-June 2011); Aggression, Human Development, and Youth (Fall, 2011)
- Program assistant, Adam Walsh Center, 1992-1995
- High school English teacher, 1977-1981
Allen, K. P. (2009). Dealing with bullying and conflict through a collaborative intervention process. School Social Work Journal, 33(2), 70-85.
Allen, K. P. (2010). A bullying intervention system: Reducing risk and creating support for aggressive youth. Preventing School Failure, 54(3), 199-209.Allen, K. P. (Spring, 2010). Classroom management, bullying, and teacher practices. The Professional Educator, 34(1). Allen, K. P. (2010). A bullying intervention system in high school: A two-year school-wide follow-up. Studies in Educational Evaluation, (36)3, 83-92. Allen, K. P. (under review). Off the radar and ubiquitous: Text messaging and its relationship to 'drama' and cyberbullying in an affluent, academically rigorous high school. Journal of Youth Studies. Allen, K. P. (under review). 'We don't have bullying, but we have drama.' An exploratory, grounded theory study of social climate and social environment in a suburban US high school. Intl Jrnl of Qualitative Studies in Education.
Conference Posters and Paper Presentations:
- Society for Research in Child Development, Montreal, April, 2011
- Society for Research on Adolescence, Philadelphia, March, 2010
- American Evaluation Association, Baltimore, November, 2007: "The Effects of a Series of Early Literacy Workshops for Parents on Parents, Teachers and Students: An Evaluation of The Pre-Kindergarten Parent Project"
- Canisius College, B.A., 1976
- University of Rochester, M.Ed., 1978
- University of Rochester, doctoral candidate, graduation May 2012
Contact Impact Training, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org